Monday, November 17, 2008

Taking It Seriously

It's Sporties for Shorties time again. This season - BASKETBALL. Which if any of you know Carter, this is his favorite sport. We can attribute this to his absolute passion for the movie "Air Bud" and his father's love of the game.

The practice/game/mass chaos is only 30 minutes long but let me tell you, this kid puts in %110 effort into every second. The rest of the team use portable fisher price goals. Not Carter, he goes for the real deal goal (lowered to 6 feet of course).
The poor guy is drenched in sweat afterwards. If anyone on his team earned that Capri Sun, its our boy!!

Again I am twisting your neck around to watch this. So sorry - I'll do better next time. This is a short clip of one of the MANY (Phill quotes 35) goals he made on Saturday. I think seeing Carter do so well as a 2 yr old at basketball ranks in Phill's top 3 proudest moments EVER! Phill makes Carter feel like an allstar every basket he gets - yells, high fives, and a pick up to twirl around the gym are in order each and every time! (In fact, I had to give him the "you might want to tone it down for the other parents" talk afterwards). He said he didn't care what anyone thought, he wanted Carter to feel as proud as he did because Carter deserves that. And he's probably right.

5 comments:

Lisa Shoch said...

Go Carter go! I think Michael Jordan should be guarding some of his records in the future... :-)

The Usserys said...

What a little athlete! I love reading your blog. Keep 'em coming!

Molly Scarbrough said...

YEA CARTER!!!! High five! Way to go!

Jennifer & Jimmy said...

I AM SO PROUD!!!!!! :)

Jack's Family said...

Oh, I can only imagine the pride of Phill. We have some special years ahead with these guys, huh?!?