Monday, July 28, 2008
Sunday, July 27, 2008
This is my first attempt to do a video. So this is just a trial run of Kelsey playing today . . .
Friday, July 25, 2008
2. I hate salespeople bothering me while I shop.
3. I love having a bowl of cereal every night before bed - I usually combine 2 or 3 cereals.
4. Almost every time I come home after a hard run or workout, I am in the mood to clean.
5. I hate it when I step into something wet with my socks on.
6. If I have to pee really bad (usually on a road trip), I can't stand for anyone to touch me.
7. I am almost always self-conscious about what I'm wearing at a social gathering.
8. I hate watching a movie twice.
9. I used to collect banana stickers.
10. I hardly ever make my bed and I have no regrets each night as I climb back into it.
11. I have been known more times than I want to admit, to finish off a whole box of wheat thins in one day.
12. There are very few days that go by that I don't have a diet coke, pretzels, and peanut butter at some point.
13. I love taking the time to write lists like this because it makes me feel like I am less boring than I think I am.
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Here is Carter at the swimming pool. Thank goodness we drove to the coast 6 hours to find a POOL, right? Ha. It was worth it though - he became MUCH more comfortable in the water this week.
Carter loved playing with his cousin Luke. They had a big time playing indoors in a homemade fort one rainy day.
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
We visited Gramie and Pop-Pop in Hilton Head a couple weeks ago. Carter was able to ride his first pony ("Tinkerbell"). He loved evey minute of it and Pop-Pop loved watching him so much that he took him back multiple times for a ride!
Carter has of course been to the beach before. However, this is the first time he didn't need to be carried and willingly stood in the ocean with a smile on his face!
First tennis lesson! Carter has amazed us with how patient and focused he is at tennis lessons. He loves it! Every tuesday he announces he is going to his "first tennis lesson and it is SO much fun!" He is the youngest out there but very well behaved.
First time to go potty!!! I have not gotten too serious about the potty training - mainly because we are about to leave for another trip (a 4 out of 6 straight weekend travel for Carter). But I must say he takes the potty seriously and tries with all his might to go so he can get an M&M.
** Cute Carter Story of the Day: He's getting too smart for me. Today I was ironing (don't worry you won't catch me doing this often because I'm horrible at it and I hate it). Anyways, I had not checked the video monitor in a while to check on Kelsey sleeping. So I asked Carter to check on Kelsey for me with the monitor across the room. He promptly goes over to it and clicks on the video button to see her. I ask, "Carter is she still sleeping?" He tilts his head and pauses for quite a while, staring at the screen. Then turns to me and says very matter of factly, "Yep, she's stiiilll sleeping" Just his manipulative little smirk made me check the monitor myself. Kelsey was wide awake playing on her back. Clearly, Carter thought through this and knew if she was still sleeping, I'd keep playing with him and not have to go get her. Smart Boy - but busted in the act!
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
We hosted a baby shower for Ashly. Kelsey hung with the crowd past her bedtime since it was too much fun!
Then . . . a day before we were to leave for Hilton Head . . . Carter gets strep throat. He fell asleep on the couch like this while we were cleaning the kitchen.
We are loving the pool this summer. Our good friends Shayna and Andrew joined us!
No Carter is not crying in this picture. He's actually pooping. Sometimes when he gets lazy or into a toy in the living room, he decides to forgo his private spot in the next room and just makes himself disappear the best way he knows how . . . just cover your eyes and go to it!
Carter is doing so great 'trying' to play with Kelsey lately. And she's eating it up. Let me give you some commentary:
"Here Kelsey, play the guitar"
"What is this thing again? I'm not sure I understand what to do""Go like this Kelsey. Like a rockstar" "You're funny brother. Can I just watch YOU?"