Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The First Times Are So Much Fun


We visited Gramie and Pop-Pop in Hilton Head a couple weeks ago. Carter was able to ride his first pony ("Tinkerbell"). He loved evey minute of it and Pop-Pop loved watching him so much that he took him back multiple times for a ride!


Kelsey went to the beach for the first time. It was quite windy so Gramie kept her snuggled up - I doubt she even knew she was in a different place. Nonetheless, it was a first : )

Carter has of course been to the beach before. However, this is the first time he didn't need to be carried and willingly stood in the ocean with a smile on his face!



First tennis lesson! Carter has amazed us with how patient and focused he is at tennis lessons. He loves it! Every tuesday he announces he is going to his "first tennis lesson and it is SO much fun!" He is the youngest out there but very well behaved.





First time to go potty!!! I have not gotten too serious about the potty training - mainly because we are about to leave for another trip (a 4 out of 6 straight weekend travel for Carter). But I must say he takes the potty seriously and tries with all his might to go so he can get an M&M.
** Cute Carter Story of the Day: He's getting too smart for me. Today I was ironing (don't worry you won't catch me doing this often because I'm horrible at it and I hate it). Anyways, I had not checked the video monitor in a while to check on Kelsey sleeping. So I asked Carter to check on Kelsey for me with the monitor across the room. He promptly goes over to it and clicks on the video button to see her. I ask, "Carter is she still sleeping?" He tilts his head and pauses for quite a while, staring at the screen. Then turns to me and says very matter of factly, "Yep, she's stiiilll sleeping" Just his manipulative little smirk made me check the monitor myself. Kelsey was wide awake playing on her back. Clearly, Carter thought through this and knew if she was still sleeping, I'd keep playing with him and not have to go get her. Smart Boy - but busted in the act!

1 comment:

Kristen O'Kelley said...

Hey Shannon! Thanks for the comment!
We really do need to get together! I need to meet Miss Kelsey too...she's beautiful!!!