Monday, February 2, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

1. I'm a morning person and I completely fade most nights by 10pm.

2. You'd be shocked at how little I know about politics, especially this recent election.

3. I have always wanted to be in a mascot costume or other fully covered costume so I can act completely ridiculous without it embarassing me or looking completely out of my character.

4. In this season of my life, I covet sleep.

5. I have a deep desire to work in a hospital, specifically be a mother/baby nurse. SO, I think I am going to actually pursue that in the next few years.

6. I tell Carter a "Felix the Cat" story every night and I love watching him laugh so hard he can't get his breath.

7. I once pulled out a panty liner instead of my library card at the library and actually handed it to the lady without noticing since I was looking away at my child.

8. I was runner-up for Homecoming Queen and runner-up for Mrs. McEachern High School.

9. In 8th grade, I was on the ESPN show called R.O.C. (Radical Outdoor Challenge) and completely embarassed myself.

10. I hate ironing and I'm no good at it.

11. I hate the planning that goes into hosting guests - once they're here, I have a blast.

12. I consider myself a very patient person. Yet I am very IMpatient when it comes to things like drinking a good cup of coffee or wine.

13. I absolutely hate eating with big spoons or forks. Who wants your cereal gone in 4 bites when you could enjoy it for 10?

14. When I have a cold, I usually fight the addiction to Afrin nose spray because I can't stand to be stuffed up during the night.

15. I was born with a crooked nose - my twin brother was supposedly punching me in utero.

16. I've been hypothyroid since I was 8 years old - which is pretty rare.

17. "Come Thou Fount" is my favorite hymn, and was sung at my wedding.

18. I'm the happiest after a good run or workout.

19. I could watch my kids all day long - (oh wait, I do!)

20. My first words as a baby were "back back" - because I am a twin and my mother was always having to bring one of us at a time and say, "I'll be right back."

21. I backed into a stone lion statue when I was pregnant with Carter, and I completely lied to everyone about the the car damage (including my husband, who spent an hour one night surveying the parking lot of our apartment complex trying to find "the person" who could have hit my car without telling us. I'm horrible!)

22. I take extremely fast showers - I do get clean, I just don't waste time.

23. I haven't missed a single night from nursing Kelsey in almost 12 months!

24. I'm addicted to Diet Coke.

25. It has taken me 5 different sittings to finish this list.

3 comments:

Jennifer & Jimmy said...

i laughed very hard about the lion....you didnt lie to bud!!! lol!

Ashly said...

What a great list! Thanks for sharing. I really enjoyed it:)

Lisa Shoch said...

You are awesome! I love the lion story too. Hilarious! I didn't realize I lived down the street from "almost" royalty... Miss MacEachern High School and Homecoming Queen! And I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that you make Carter laugh so hard he cries every night. You are a terrific mom and a wonderful friend!