Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Little Things We Love These Days

Since kids' favorite things are always changing, I thought I'd post some current things that make Carter and Kelsey happy these days:

Carter Loves:
1. Air Bud (we watch this old movie atleast once a day and now he has to role play this movie in real life, whereas he gets to be the kid, Josh, and I have to be the dog, Buddy. Phill was very entertained last night as he watched Carter talk to me like a dog and me try to hit the basketball with my head into the fisher price goal . . . like "Buddy" of course)
2. Sweet Tea (only if he's eaten well), Cashews before nap and "squeeze beans" at every meal (aka Edamame)
3. To sit on the front steps and peel an orange with me.
4. To jump on the bed with Daddy when he gets home from work.
5. To sing his heart out - currently the song of choice is either Home on the Range or God Our Father.


Kelsey Loves:
1. Carter! anything and everything he does.
2. Table food - eating mystery solved - Kelsey does not like baby food but loves 'real' food. I can sneak in bites of oatmeal while she is sucking on a Wheat Thin. Otherwise she is digging her some cheese, bread, peas, and cheerios.
3. Bath time! She is such a quiet baby until she gets in the water - then its squeal time : )
4. Praise Baby. Or as Phill commonly refers to it, "baby crack" ... both of our children have loved these dvds as a nightly addiction. (Kelsey specifically loves the African American children on the video : ) )
5. To play with her few wisps of hair on the back of her head when she is putting herself to sleep.

That's all for now. I will post some pictures soon.

2 comments:

Summer Pendley said...

Shannon...it's my turn to say..."we have the same life!" Oh my goodness!

Noah LOVES the song, "God our Father," and sings it often! He also LOVES the movie Air Bud, ALTHOUGH his favorite is the spin-off called Air Buddies. There is also a newer movie called Snow Buddies that he always wants to see when we are walking through Target...we haven't gotten it for him yet, but I know he would love it. They are so funny, aren't they?

Also, like Kelsey, Sailer's favorite person in the world is NOAH. She will put up with just about ALL of his antics, as long as he is near. I can tell that she loves him to be home...in fact, it's been a little difficult to entertain her while he's been at school. For one thing, it's too quiet...and, I guess I'm just not as much fun as he...:(

Glad ya'll are well! Does Kelsey have teeth yet?

HotMommy said...

Hey Shannon! I just realized that you and Lauren Fortney (Holly's AA before me) are both listed under the "Blogs I read" list at my blog. So three of us former Cobb Chamber assistants are blogging about mommy stuff now!