Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Pretend Sports and Boxing Barney



Well I thought I'd just take time to post about Carter these days. Not that Kelsey is not just as important and entertaining - but she's entertaining in a totally different way ("is she going to sleep now? oh wait.. dang, she's waking up AGAIN. is she hungry? i wonder if she'll wake up at 3am or 5am?? yay, she's been playing and smiling for a whole 15 minutes now! sad, she's been crying for 20 min straight.. is it gas?" etc etc)

SO back to my original post .. Carter. He has been into playing "pretend" lately. He'll say "mommy, let's play baseball" as he holds up his bat ready for my big pitch. He'll hit it with all his might, ask me to clap and then 'run the bases' around the kitchen - sometimes crashing on the floor waiting for me to yell, "safe!" I must say this works out quite well for me. Not only do I not have to clean up any messes after we're done - but I can do this while I'm feeding Kelsey. (Thank you kathryn for teaching him this!) He's branching out in the pretend world too. Yesterday he was scooping up air on the ground and throwing his hands towards me. I finally asked "Carter, what are you doing??" In which he replied, "Mommy, I'm throwing grass at you!" Duh.

Carter is also enjoying our new Wii. (Daddy's impulse buy while Uncle Gary was in town). It's actually working out pretty well, especially for Phill. Carter can not wait for Daddy to get home and go "box" upstairs. Before you start to doubt my parenting for getting my 2 year old into 'video games' - let me tell you that Carter gets just as much excercise pretending to box with daddy than he would if he were running around outside (we don't actually give him the controller but he prances around and punches his heart out) Here is a picture of him showing me some boxing moves.





Which leads me to the last cute story... I went to get Carter this morning from bed and he says to me, "Mommy, I saw BARNEY!!" I thought for a moment and then realized he must have had a dream and remembered it. "What was Barney doing in your dream Carter" I say. "He was BOXING with Daddy!.... can boxing Barney come over again now?" I guess that is what the media does to your 2 year old - creates all kinds of fantastic dreams!!

Ok, enough for now. Kelsey will get the next post I assume. But for now - know that Carter has entered the world of imagination.. and the virtual world at its best : )




2 comments:

Molly Scarbrough said...

Carter looks so big in these pictures! And I can totally picture you sitting in the den with Kelsey while he runs in the kitchen ... you're a pro!

Leah said...

cute post! it makes me even more excited as i look forward to the wonderful world of boys. :-) i agree with molls...you're such a pro!