Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Toddler Hide N' Seek is the BEST!

Carter has been very into the "mommy hide" game recently (otherwise known as "Hide and Seek"). We haven't quite perfected it since if we are playing upstairs he goes to hide in the closet and proceeds to BEG me to come in the closet to hide too.
Now, I just can't explain to him that if we both hide (especially in the same place) there is no one to find us -- still, we play this way and he loves it... over and over again.


Yesterday morning I told Carter it was time to go while he was in his highchair coloring. Considering he could not GO somewhere to hide, he decided (in his toddler logical mind) to simply hide behind the marker he was coloring with. I realized what he was doing and the dialogue went like this,


"Oh, Carter is hiding. Where is he? . . . Is he under the couch?"


"Noooooo," says Carter clenching his whole body behind his safe place marker.


"Oh, he must be in the bathroom"


"Noooooo!"


"Is he behind the MARKER??"


"YEEESSS!" as he whips away the marker and reveals himself. Cute : )




2 comments:

Beth Goff said...

That is so cute! Children are so much fun and toddlers are always so entertaining!

Anonymous said...

How cute: )! I can just see y'all right now playing hide n seek! I know you have such a great time playing with Carter and I know he thinks you are the best mommy: )! Miss ya!