Monday, December 3, 2007

In Honor of our Godmother . . . .

As many of you know, Kathryn and Gary Dyksterhouse are the godparents of Carter and little Kelsey on the way. They recently moved to Mississippi and we miss them very much. I have never thought of Kathryn without being so proud and thankful she is in my life. To me, Kathryn is a sincere example of a Woman of God; she has a dependable grace, a transparent yet growing Faith, and a consistency to love despite circumstances. She has always been insipiring to me. For these and many more qualities, Phill and I are so proud to name our daughter after her. Kathryn's full maiden name is Kathryn Elaine Sturdivant. We know our daughter will love her godmother just as we do, as Kelsey Laine Galbreath.

3 comments:

Summer Pendley said...

Shannon,

That is such a sweet story, and I love "Laine." That sounds really good with Kelsey, and I know that Kathryn will be honored.

Can't wait to meet our girls!! :)

Anonymous said...

Shannon, I'm so glad to see new pictures. I check your blog everyday: )! Laine is so pretty with Kelsey. I love the way it is spelled. I hope your doing good. Call me when you get a chance.

Kathryn said...

I don't even know what to say... I am so touched and honored. And I love the name - Kelsey Laine is SO precious!! Can't wait to see you soon. I MISS YOU!!