Wednesday, June 3, 2009

To the Delta and B'ham ... Sans Kiddos!

Phill and I took a long weekend trip to see our best friends, Gary and Kathryn, in Mississippi. I was most happy to just love on their new little girl, Mary Laine, without having any of my own kids needing my attention. Kathryn was SO good to me when mine were babies so it was nice to pay back the favor, in a very small way. We enjoyed not having to worry about anyone but ourselves on the trip - we got so carried away at the freedom that we probably added on about 2 hrs of travel time down there , stopping anywhere we wanted and staying as long as we wanted -- simply because we could!

Our belated anniversary gift to each other was staying a night at Ross Bridge in Birmingham on the way home. A Delightful place I must say!!! I enjoyed a few hours at their spa before a nice dinner : )
After 5 days away from my babies though - it was due time to return. But THANK YOU to Gramie and Pop-Pop for spoiling, I mean "taking care" of, our kids while we were away!

1 comment:

kristen elaine said...

LOVE Ross Bridge - we went for our anniversary last year:) Happy Anniversary to you - what a fun weekend!