Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A Little Glimpse at JUNE so far . . .

Kelsey has become such a great laid back baby (except for that dreaded hour between 6 and 7pm before bedtime). I got to have a little photo shoot with my girl while Carter napped yesterday.


We had some painters do some work last week on our house. I showed Carter what they were doing - before I knew it, he had gone to get his two chairs and lined them up on the driveway. He was ready for us to just sit and watch the painters all day long.


Funny Carter Story: We are still getting a kick out of Carter's 'pretend play' these days. He never fails to take it to the next level of humor. He frequently takes away Kelsey's toy and kindly replaces it with something really exciting like a fish or ball . . . only its a PRETEND fish or ball. This doesn't quite cut it for Kelsey just yet and I don't think Carter understands that. It makes me laugh nonetheless.

Yesterday, Carter brought me a chocolate chip cookie. I responded well and took it from his hand and ate the ball of air out of my hand diligently. Carter started to walk away . . . then stopped and looked at me with his head cocked to one side. "Mommy, " he said, "you have chocolate on your face!" I think I'm in for a long road if I can't even keep my face clean from a pretend cookie.

5 comments:

Leah said...

shannon...that is the FUNNIEST story about carter!!! i would have lost it!! HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for the cute pics...kelsey's eyes are so big and blue, love it! :-)

kristen elaine said...

oh my gosh, shannon! what an imagination carter has! i love reading your blog & seeing pictures of your precious little ones!!

Summer Pendley said...

Shannon,

I LOVE those precious little pics of Kelsey...she looks beautiful in blue!

And, what are we going to do with Carter? He is SO imaginative! I love it...I bet you are constantly laughing or shaking your head.

We have to get together again soon with the boys and girls...that was fun!

Beth Goff said...

What a cute story!!! I ask him to send some cookies to California! Kelsey is SO precious! I konw you are enjoying your little girl so much!

The Usserys said...

Carter is so the man. What a hilarious story.