Thursday, January 10, 2008

When You Gotta Go... You Gotta Go!

I can not resist telling a short funny story from this week.
Shortly after our morning milk and cartoons, Carter proceeds to sit down at his keyboard and immediately pops back up saying, "uh oh Mommy - poopie!"
Knowing he hasn't gone yet, I say, "oh you NEED to poopie, do you want to go sit on mommy's potty?"
"Yes Yes" as he runs in the bathroom where Daddy is also getting ready for work.
I strip him down and of course when his little bottom hits that big black hole of a toilet, Carter tenses up and wants down. No poopies to account for.
So since I'm already looking at a half naked toddler and I need a shower myself - I take the easy way out and suggest we just hop in the shower. Carter is beside himself.
I tell Phill that I'm going to just grab him a clean diaper and clothes for after the shower.
Gone 45 seconds tops!
I return.
Phill is holding Carter once again over the toilet and I think I see a trail of feces from our bathroom floor.
"He just pooped and peed in my closet!!" replies Daddy (somewhat amused but mostly stressed to the max)
I can't help but laugh.
"It's in the corner over there and probably in my drawers . . . I have to go to work now."
My laughter stops. (I mean 'are you kidding me?')
I did persuade Phill to atleast wait 15 seconds and distract Carter from actually picking up his new creation off the floor that he was reaching for fast.
The best part is that Phill realized he was using his side of the closet for a bathroom when he heard the sound of urine hitting his TriColor Horse Ribbon he'd recently won in a horseshow. Oops! And no Carter did not have super power pee that was able to go through his CLOSED drawers to his clothes - that would just be Phill's over-reaction : )

5 comments:

The Usserys said...

That is the funniest thing I've ever heard! Oh the things a toddler can do with 45 seconds:)

Leah said...

SO glad you posted that story!!! laughs all around!

Leah said...

p.s. thanks for finally adding some more info...geez!

Kathryn said...

LOVE this story - Gary and I are both getting a good laugh!

Summer Pendley said...

Shannon,

That is SO FUNNY! I cannot believe that happened. You should DEFINATELY put that in Carter's baby book....that would be a funny story to share later....:)